Monday, January 18, 2010

The Boat Comes Home


It has been a long nine months for the men, women, and spouse of the USS Abraham Lincoln, but it has finally come home to Everett. The boat has been in Bremerton, this is where the boat is in it's shipyard period. The men and women of the boat were bused and ferried over from Everett everyday. Travis would drive over everyday with his shooter pals. It was a two hour trip each way. It made for very long days.

So today they came home and we were able to see our very first look at this huge boat, which I think I should refer to as a ship. I am so use to the sub terminology. It will be the first of many this year of out and ins. Travis will be spending much time away from us this year, even before his six month deployment. We will miss him very much but it is something we must do.

I posted this earlier on my Facebook but I wanted to share it with my blog readers too. I found this letter that Molly wrote a few weeks ago:

Even when he's not here I'll still love him!
Even if he's not here I'll still love him.
I know he's doing something good so I'll let him go, but I'll always know
he's thinking of me and I'll think of him. He'll always be right here
in my heart. Even if he misses stuff I'll still love him. I love my dad
more than you can think. I miss you daddy I still love YOU!!!! XXXOXXXO

I think she nailed it on the head.

Molly is super excited. They thought it would be funny to look goofy.



The girls waiting for their daddy.



JuJu cute as always.



Hunter, goofy again!



Gracie, she is very very happy to see her daddy.



Coming into port.Travis is on the back there somewhere.

0 comments:


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones