Sunday, January 31, 2010

Finding the Words....

Ugh...as I sit here and think of something to say, I just can't. I just can't put it into words. I know what my heart feels but it just doesn't come out. So just like ripping a piece of paper from the typewriter, I strike the delete key.

A week ago, our lives were impacted by the loss of a dear friend. As I sit here and think about it and think what would have been, what should have been, and why. There are no answers. I am angry and sad.



And then I think of Clint...of the stories Travis has told me...of the conversations that I have had with him...of the friendship. When I think of him, I think of how highly Travis spoke of Clint and how he was always excited to be with him. How he always snickered and laughed at Clint's name, like some joke I didn't know about, truly a happy laugh. Then through Clint and Travis, I met Shannon.




Shannon is a military wife like me. She shares the love of photography, although I think she totally ROCKS it, she is strong at heart and loves her man. I can see why Clint loves her so much, with her shining smile, always giving heart, and funny little soul too.



And then from the two of them came Cadence, Audrey, and little baby Wermers. The sweetest little girls, that share the personalities of Shannon and Clint...of course their daddy's infectious smile too.

So on Monday when, some of our closest friends and family start to say goodbye to Clint.......it will be hard....we know we lost a good one...a Hero.

Clint, you will be missed.

0 comments:


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones