Sunday, April 26, 2009

Deception Pass Part Three of our Sunday Journey




Okay and Wow!! Here is part three of our long day out.

After a yummy lunch at the Greek Island Restaurant in Anacortes, we headed to Deception Pass. Deception Pass Bridge was built in 1935. The 976ft span of bridge connects Whidbey Island to a tiny Pass Island, and then to Fidalgo Island. Boats can be seen on either side of the bridge waiting for the current to slow or change direction so they may pass. I read that the current is equivalent to class 2 and 3 rapids.

Those of you who know me best know my fear of heights, but I have decided to no more live with this fear and to only challenge myself. So today I walked across the bridge. At first I was very terrified and then just in awe of the beauty of this area. It is truly a breathtaking spot to be.

Deception Bridge, you see you can't see the first part of the bridge, that is the Deception part.




Views from the first part of the bridge. It connects to a very small island and is the shorter of the two bridges.







Okay, so seriously, am I going to walk over that?



I am DOING IT!! I am at the middle of the bridge on the longest side.



The other side, Whidbey Island.





We then followed The Hintons to our next location. They took us to a beach, I think near Cranberry Lake, to see the pebbles and the Bridge from a different view.

Deception Bridge



Time for more camera time!



The Likes Family



The girls.



The longest side of Deception Bridge.



Mrs. Kitty then told the girls about wishing rocks. Wishing rocks are rocks that have white or black circles all the way around them. You then find them, throw them over your shoulder and make a wish. We found so many, hope all of our wishes come true!



After a wonderful time with the Hintons it was time to say goodbye. We Likes decided to drive the length of Whidbey Island to catch the ferry back to Mukilteo, which is very close to Everett and home!

It was our first ferry ride. The girls were cold, they left their jackets in the car below, but enjoyed the snack bar very much.

This is what the ferry looked like that we were riding on.



The girls freezing and saying, "Mom, lets get a snack!".



To add to the excitement, got home and Molly lost a tooth! Tooth fairy comes tonight.

This is all for this weekend and I am just tired rereading this blog. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did!

0 comments:


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones