Monday, May 17, 2010

Thirty Days

So while waiting for Travis to tell me I have the A OK to go and get him. I decided to waist some time taking some pictures of JuJu. What a better way to waist time and calm some anxious nerves. I was pleasantly surprised and sorta wished I would have been able to turn some of this in for my workshop!


 





Now on to what you really came here for.

Travis came home today and while driving to pick him up it was hard to hold back tears. While biting my lip I wondered if I was crying because I would be so happy to see him or that I would finally get a break from the girls or just that I am realizing that this is really not the end of something but really just the start.

Travis was gone 30 days this time. While that might be short to some, but gone is gone. Travis missed 30 days of hugs, kisses, school, teeth lost, and boo boos. We missed 30 days of daddy, hugs, love, tutor, tooth fairy, and maker of boos boos better.

Travis will be home for two months and then start on our long journey. I am going to call it the 30 X 8 Tour. So we will miss everything above and more X 8. And while I am glad that he will only be here with us a very short time, I am in a hurry for him to leave so we can get this started and have homecomings like today.

Baby JuJu and I walked down to the wharf to meet Travis. The older girls where in school.

Thirty days of Kisses.

Thirty Days of Hugs.


Thirty days of night nights. 


Thirty days of wheres my daddy. 


Thirty days of long lonely nights. 


Thirty days of little girls tears. 


Thirty Days of Boo Boos.


Thirty Days of waiting for that email. 


Thirty days of I miss you and hope to see you soon. 


Thirty days of events lost. 


Thirty days of will daddy call me today?


Thirty Days of our family being just one short. 


Erases in an instant...

2 comments:

Lifestyle Class said...

Jenny, I simply love the photos of your little Juju running to daddy... and the way you write it was so beautiful!!!
Enjoy your time now with hubby and the girls!

Anonymous said...

Jenny,

I got so excited when I saw pictures of the Tulip Festival for this year. You see, my husband is a naval flight officer for the EA-6B Prowler which flies out of NAS Whidbey Island. We are originally from Miami but have lived on and off in Anacortes Washington for the past 14 years of his military career. We are currently stationed in Tampa Florida but already know that we will be back there next July. My kids were born there and they feel like that is their "home". I sympathize greatly with the agony and emotions that come along with the deployments but please know that we are in this for the bigger picture and your time is well spent. Hang in there! Thanks for blogging.
Michelle


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones