Thursday, May 13, 2010

Update from Travis


Travis sent me some pictures this morning of what he does at work and thought I would share them with you. He has been gone about a month now. He will return but only to leave us for about nine months. We are all very sad, but we will get through it and have him home soon. 

Travis is a Shooter aboard the USS Abraham Lincoln. He "shoots" and receives the planes on the deck of the aircraft carrier. Travis is the guy in the yellow vest.

OH and YES I am making fun of Travis with my music selection.

I hope I label these right, but I think here he is signaling to the pilot to light the afterburners. 



Signaling the to fire the catapult.

 

Aircraft going off the end of the deck after shooting it.

 

Setting catapult up for aircraft fire. 
 

Travis with the centerdeck operator. 

 

 

Getting ready to hook up aircraft to cat.


Signaling that the aircraft ordnance is being armed.

 

Signaling pilot to go to full military power.

  

Signaling to fire, right after plane started stroke.

 

Travis with some weird fungus growing on him. YUCK!

2 comments:

Team Jaeski said...

Oh wow, so not a fan of the fungus!! Sorry Travis!! Love the carrier pics though. That's awesome. Love the music selection Jenny!! =)

Lisa said...

Don't listen to them Travis, you look HOT.


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones