Tuesday, July 27, 2010

8 X 30 Project Day 12- Just keep swimming.

Today was another busy day, it seems to happen a lot in the Likes' household. But we started with a trip to the consignment store. We dropped off some clothes, who knew it was time to turn in your fall/winter clothes and it just got warm here. Then back home to clean up and make lunches. After lunch we headed to the Dr. for Hunter. She fell last week on a trampoline and hurt her knee. So I figured that after five days of hearing her complain about it, it was time to go to the dr. :) Turns out she dislocated her knee cap and it went back in. But they are thinking that the reason she can be okay on minute and not the next is that she has hyper flexed the muscles and now it might happen often. The PA prescribed RICE, of course, and a cool looking ace bandage for support. She has to stay off of it for the most part for two weeks, then see how it feels, if not better then come back. Let's just hope it gets better.

Then we headed back home to eat dinner, yummy swiss chard chicken and rice! One of Travis' favs and my favorite too since I can freeze it for lunches. After a yummy dinner we went swimming at the Y.

This was my first time on my own with the girls in the pool, but I think we did good. It helps to have all of the lifeguards on duty too. But JuJu is such the little fish now, Travis you wouldn't believe it. Tonight she would stand on my knees and jump off backwards, swim underwater back to me, and when she came up she would say to me, "I GOT YOU!". It was so funny. Finally after thirty minutes of this I was afraid she might drown from being tired and made her get out. You can imagine her being extremely happy about this. We all know that JuJu is not one to keep her opinions to herself.

Sorry for the quality of my pics today. I forgot my camera and was stuck with the iphone. :/


I am glad that I was able to take the girls to the pool tonight. I was so worried about how it would work, but really it wasn't a big deal at all, even I had a great time. Today was a great day for the girls and their behavior too. Not a single outburst, no one fought, and Gracie wore her glasses all day without taking them off. That last one is a huge feat. Matter of fact, Travis you won't believe this, but she actually bought some converse like shoes today for camp and is wearing them with shorts. I know, who is this kid and what have they done with Gracie.

Another Dr. appt in the morning for Molly and then a vet appt in the afternoon. Should be busy!


Note from Juliette:
 b.b//b/bb'/'n//nb /   n ccjhjjmgj knnn]jz,,xx,x,,, mmmm   mm    mm  mmm  ,

Translated( I asked her what it says) Whispering- Daddy's on the boat and please come home.

We miss you and love you.

1 comments:

Travis Likes said...

Man, looks like I missed quite a day. I wish I could have been there. I am glad you guys got to go swimming, that is awesome. I know the girls ask about it all the time and want to do it, so it must have been a huge treat for them. I miss you guys so much. Tell JuJu that I miss her too!
Love,
T


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones