Friday, July 23, 2010

8 X 30 Project Day Seven - Always running Late


Well most of you, you know that I am pretty much running a little behind getting anywhere. I really try and have good intentions of getting things done and to places on time, but it never seems to happen. Okay I shouldn't say never, since there is not a such things as never and always. But it does happen a lot to me!

So yesterday, our day seven, was super busy. We were preparing for the arrival of a good friend. It also happened that my camera battery was dead, of course, and I didn't realize it till we were heading out the door to run some errands and over to a friends house for dinner and some play time. Seems like that always happened to me too!! But we did have a great dinner and finally made it to the airport very late to pick up our longtime friend Leticia.

Travis heads out of port today, which means a long time without hearing his voice. We will still have email and the email text but that is it for now. I am glad we were able to be talking with him this first week though. I think it does make it a little easier and when he calls at night a little less lonely too.

I took the pic above last year in May while on a whale watching cruise with my sister. I just thought it was so beautiful. What a strong person that is standing there waiting for her fisherman husband to come home.  I like to think that this lady with her children, I say children since I know she has more than the one hanging on her leg, is standing there taking care of business, with her head held high and love in her heart. I often look back to this picture for encouragement and strength. The first week has been one of the hardest that we have had to deal with. The girls had difficult time adjusting to Travis leaving this time.While I feel like I am not the best mom in the world, happened a lot this week, I know that we can over come and also still have love in our hearts too. Maybe even work on not being late too.

Day Eight should be great. Lavender!!!

2 comments:

Amy Ames said...

Well done Jennifer! You are a wonderful mom to those girls! Don't ever think otherwise :)

Travis Likes said...

Don't doubt that you are a wonderful mom. Those girls have been testing you, it is not easy to be strong. Thanks again for doing this, I love you!


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones