Monday, July 19, 2010

8 X 30 Project Day Four- Busy Busy

Well today was very busy and I need to really buy that special camera bag that  have been wanting for so long! It would be much easier for me to carry around my camera and the items I need in my purse, without ruining my camera. But I don't have to convince you guys, do I? Hopefully pics of that beauty to follow soon.

So today was the start of Apple Camp. I didn't remember my camera, but promise some pics tomorrow. It is really a great idea they have come up with and what a way to sell your computers to future consumers too. Molly, Mia, and Gracie learned how to work iMovie and then were handed a camera and a way they went. They also received free shirts and pins. Can't beat that for a totally FREE camp.

After getting everyone home from our doctor appointment, dinner, and then Molly off to Mia's house. The rest of the girls and I came home, cleaned up and got ready for bed. By the time I took the two older girls upstairs, kissed them, and came back down stairs JuJu was crashed out on the couch. She is to sweet! This is also the only pic that I cranked out today. But also my first attempt using a flash while shooting in manual.


So I thought with lack of really anything interesting. :) I would put up some pics from Travis promotion to Lieutenant Commander. I know I had promised, so here we go.

I don't have to many pics. It was "suggested" by the Air Boss to watch the ceremony with my eyes and not my viewfinder. There are pics from the PAO but I haven't seen them yet, so sorry for the craptastic (Can that count as my Sarah Palin new word?) pics.

Before assuming his new rank Travis has to be sworn in. This is what he said:

I, Travis H. Likes, solemnly reaffirm that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States of America against all enemies, foreign and domestic, that I will continue to bear true faith and allegiance to the Constitution and the Country whose course it directs, and that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation. So help me God.

Molly and Juliette take off the old rank.

Gracie and Hunter put on the new rank.

Doesn't Travis look so thrilled? Maybe he is really looking forward to all of that paperwork or useless task he will be giving out.

We went back to Travis' room so he could change.

Just in case you are curious where he sleeps. Bottom Bunk.

Little quick family pic.

Not to sure about these "blueberries" pretty interesting. And I think Kylie is right about the flight suit, but I will keep this site family friendly. :) 

And as promised from my first post a pic of fireworks. Finally got to it!!!

1 comments:

Travis Likes said...

Great job again, babe. Poor JuJu, she looks like she had enough of a rough day! Thanks for the pics of my promotion, that reminds me to call photo and see if I can get them to send me the disc.
Love,
Travis


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones