Saturday, August 7, 2010

8 X 30 Project Day 23- New Toys, New Responsibilities

Today another busy buys day. I was first woke up with FANTASTIC news. The ship has changed its schedule once again and I am hoping to see Travis soon. Just an example how a military family learns to be flexible. I am still trying to not get to excited, the schedule can change, but hard not too. I haven't told the girls and don't plan too till I see him in person.

Today we had a super busy day. It started off with Gracie's eye appointment. Of course it went well, she has been wearing glasses since she was 4 and is an old pro at exams. Then we headed over to Sports Authority to get Molly her new stuff for soccer. She wears a WOMENS SIZE 10 in shoes!!!!! Can you believe that and a large in shin guards. She is just getting so big.

I have to say I was very proud of Molly today. While I was in the eye place with Gracie she took Hunter and JuJu to Bartell next door, they entire time. She is such a huge help to me and such a big girl.

Then we headed to Lenscrafters to get Gracie's broken glasses replaced, this will be pair number four in a year! Good thing for their warranty. I was surprised that it took us less than an hour for her to find a pair. She looks for comfort but at the same time they have to be sassy. The first pair she wanted were too big but definitely Gracie, bright red. The pair she settled on are quite calm, but very lightweight. I think comfort out weighed style this time.

So while waiting for her glasses to be done, I took the girls to the mall. I had a secret plan in mind. Which I will explain in a few. But I also wanted to get Gracie's hair cut. So she had the total make over today. I have to say she is super duper cute now!


Now on to the mall surprise. Travis and I have been discussing this issue for sometime and I was pretty sure I would have waited awhile. I am also pretty sure I just had this conversation a few days ago with another mom. But we have decided to get Molly a phone. She will be at sports three nights a week with games on Saturday and Sunday. I am afraid with me alone with the girls that I will be depending on her friends and leaving her a lot. I felt it better to get her a phone so I can contact her and she can contact me when she needed too. I also felt that Molly is exhibiting a great amount of responsibility lately and deserved something nice that she has been wanting. She for sure deserves it. However with great fun comes great responsibility...there are limits that have been set up and she has no access to the internet at this point. This is something that she may earn at a later date and age. She has had to sign a contract and if and when it is broken she knows what will happen...she will loose her phone...period. This is her early birthday present. :)

Also if you are interested in getting Molly's new number, please email me or text me. I am approving numbers that she may have. :)

I have a feeling that I will be seeing her a lot like this. Good thing I already had unlimited texting. Yes, I text more than a teenager and yes, I do have mad texting skills. :P

Showing off her new phone.

Can you tell she is happy?

4 comments:

Jen said...

yay for Molly!!! and Gracie's hair is super cute! :)

Barb said...

I love your blog..the girls have grown so much since OKC...tell them I said hi and I hope to see you next year when you are in OKC.

Robin said...

Awww....they are growing up waaay too fast!!! They are so beautiful!

Travis Likes said...

You are doing a great job there, babe. The girls are looking really good. I am sure it is nice (and somewhat annoying) to have them home from camp. Tell everyone I miss them. I can't wait to hopefully see everyone soon.
Love,
T


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones