Sunday, August 8, 2010

8 X 30 Project Day 24- First Day of Yellowstone

Today was our lazy Sunday, although, I am really always busy. I tackled laundry and the garage. Then there was the trip to the emergency clinic with Gracie. Turns out she is pretty allergic to bees! But other than that we just hung her at the house and tried to take it easy.

Well I am heading back to our pictures of our vacation. I have been meaning to get to them and this is the week. I am going to hopefully plow through them this next couple of days.

The first day of our trip we drove to Missoula, MT. Travis's brother lives there with his spouse and new little baby. I was very excited to meet our newest little nephew and boy is he a cutie. We also had the best pizza that night. Who would have thought pizza with cranberries, fennel, and soft cheese would totally rock! Also that night Gracie had her accident and she ended up on crutches the rest of the trip to Yellowstone. Isn't that just so the Likes family. :)

First night picnic in the park! Colee and Kailei

Armando, Travis' brother,  having a great time with the girls. 

I wish I could remember the name of this place. But on the left side of the photo you can see a landslide. There was an earthquake about 50 years ago. It caused this landslide and filled this lake up. It also killed a bunch of campers that were just in the wrong place at the wrong time. 

This is our first day in Yellowstone. We were so excited we stopped her before even going to our campgrounds. 
This is Fountain Geyser. We got there just as it was about to erupt. It last about 25-30 minutes. 

This is one of the many pools they have there. They are amazing. Very deep and very hot. 

If I remember right these are mud pots.


Cleopsydra Geyser

This picture cracks me up. 

Our first view of Old Faithful. 

Juliette's favorite thing at Yellowstone. Chipbunnies-other wise known as chipmunks.

Our second time at Old Faithful. Gracie was so tired! She looked at me after this shot and said, "Mom, I am just done." With big tears. Her leg was hurting her. 


We had a really great time that first day and I loved meeting my nephew. I remember how excited we were and such beauty there. It is just incredible. 

Tomorrow I will blog about a couple of more days. Hope you enjoy it! 

We miss you very much Travis. I hope you are hurrying home and the plans haven't changed yet again.

2 comments:

Amy Ames said...

I am so excited to see these pictures. The funny one cracked me up. That is priceless. Looks like a great trip. I am sure the girls will remember this forever.

Travis Likes said...

Great pictures. What awesome memories. I am counting down the days. The lake was called Earthquake Lake, strangely enough.
Love you,
T


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones