Sunday, August 1, 2010

8 X 30 Project Day 17- Girls go to Camp

Today was the day that was anxiously awaited by Molly and Gracie. They were so excited about their Operation Purple Camp that  they couldn't sleep last night. Funny too because I was worried that I would have a hard time dropping them off and that they wouldn't want to go. Operation Purple camp is a camp for military kids with deployed parents. It is completely free too!

We got to the camp early and were able to look around some. It is a very nice camp and the leaders looked really nice too. Most were very young, which to be honest concerns me, but there were some older folk in the mix too. I got the girls registered and then settled into their bunks. They are in the same cabin but in different bunk rooms. I think Gracie lucked out with the super suite. Gracie is team orange and Molly is team green. Molly and Gracie did notice that most kids there had their dads with them, I think that made them a little sad, but they knew what they were there for. After settling them into their rooms, we made name necklaces and then it was time to say goodbye.

Molly's Pad

Gracie's Pad
Now like I said I thought it was going to be this big long drawn out process, but Molly took off running before I could even say goodbye, I called her back of course for kisses, and Gracie said, "Okay mom, I love you. See you later." I offered to walk them to their games and was denied access. I guess I am getting embarrassing for them now. Kind of really sad in a way, but very good too.

Saying Goodbye, not a single tear, except for JuJu who screamed for Gracie the whole time. Funny since they annoy each other all the time! 

Girls missed you today Travis and I missed my driver! That is a long drive by myself!!!

Finally and last but not least, what is a single mom of four suppose to do when she needs her carpets cleaned on a budget? That's right let the Kirby guy in. LOL

Love and miss you bunches Travis. <3

1 comments:

Travis Likes said...

Love the last photo! You are so funny!
Love,
T


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones