Sunday, August 22, 2010

8 X 30 Project Day 38- Home Again!

Today we checked out of Great Wolf Lodge and headed on a new adventure, but before I get started into that I need to let you all see what we did yesterday too!

Tons of fun at Great Wolf Lodge. JuJu was so sad about leaving today. I think she thought we lived there now. She just couldn't wait the whole time to put on her "bathing soup".  The older girls made instant friends with other kids and slid with them the entire time. We even exchanged information at the end of the day so they could email each other, now that is a military kid!


JuJu holding on to her loot!

Molly showing me her new head gear. 

Decisions... Decisions.

I think she is looking like a big girl now.

I just love this picture.

Gracie is the one laying on the ground. She is waiting for the bucket to dump water on her. 

YIKES!

Now I entered this one into the GWL Photo Contest. First prize is a trip to GWL! You can vote once a day. Please vote here:

I think she had fun.

I think we all had fun!!! I can't wait to go back. 

Now on to the adventure of the day. We decided to take a last minute detour to Mt. St. Helens. It was only an hour away and why not right? Now I have one more check on my list of things to do and see done. 

Mt. St. Helens is great for a learning experience for the kids. At mile marker 33 there is a Forrest Visitor Center that is wonderful for kids. There is a movie, discovery room, a helicopter simulator, and best of all a playground. But remember the coats, it is way colder up here! BRRR!!! 

JuJu steering the helicopter. Mr. Brent would be so proud. 

Then our next stop was the Johnston Observatory Station. You can get the best view of the crater from here, well if the weather cooperates you can. Today, well the weather just wasn't that good. The shot I got was the best of all day. Most of the time is was raining, cloudy(like fog up there), and 40 degrees. Can you say burrr?
If you go make sure to watch the movie. It is kind of corny but a spectacular ending. You will see.

This is what JuJu thought of the movie.

Yep, this is a good as it got for seeing into the crater. This was good, just before you couldn't see past the barrier wall.

The girls getting sworn in as a Junior Ranger. I just love this program! What a super way to get kids involved and they learn so much!!! They were also able to make lava lamps!

Who knew...this is Big Foot Country. Molly must be akin to them. :)

Super day but I am so glad to be home. Hunter has Gymnastics camp this week and the girls and I are just doing out appointments. Oh, and Molly has her first soccer practice on Wednesday. Can't wait to get pics of that....HMMM....what a great reason for that Nikon 105mm. 

Great news!!! A new blog form heading this way and this week!! I can't wait and I hope it turns out nicely. I am so excited to finally be able to post bigger pics and at a better quality too! 

OH and DON'T forget to VOTE VOTE VOTE here: Vote for us!!!

0 comments:


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones