Thursday, August 12, 2010

8 X 30 Project Day 28- Yellowstone Day Five

Well day five started very early for me. We had to meet the guide for the photo safari at 5:30am! But totally worth it and I learned quite a bit. These shots aren't as good as my landscape photog buds, but I am still proud of them.

This thermal feature with cool. If you toss sand across the top of it, it will boil up crazy. 
These two shots were fun. I laid on the boardwalk trying multiple times to get the right shot. I had to focus then drop the camera to the ground. It took me about five shots. :)

This never stops erupting. 

This is a bacteria mat. It is called that because when it is disturb, it flips over and is the color blue. 

After our photo safari, Travis and I met up with Travis at the Old Faithful Inn for lunch. YUMMY. At the lower store is an old time soda fountain that has fantastic hamburgers. 
Then it was time for the girls to get sworn in as Junior Rangers. 

Molly also earned a girl scout badge. 

Then it was off to our trailer for our final camp out and to pack up for the trip to Paradise, MT the next day. 
Juliette was the dirtiest kid ever. 

Then it was time for smores! and some fireworks. 

I still can't get over how dirty she was. :)

Juju said this was her toliet.


Our final pic at Yellowstone the next morning, before heading to Paradise, MT. 
Well folks that is it for tonight. Travis is in port and I want to talk with him. I hope you have enjoyed looking at our trip to Yellowstone. It is a fantastic place to visit and I really can't wait to go back. The girls had a fabulous time camping, which I was totally surprised about. 

Tomorrow I will post a few family pics from Travis Bday celebration in Paradise. The girls and I also have plans to go to the zoo. Hopefully I will get some pics of them there too. :)



2 comments:

Jenn D. said...

Oh my Jenny, these pics are FANTASTIC. That photo safari must have been so much fun. Once again, I just love the whole Jr. Rangers thing :)

And, you have to fill me in your s'mores. Up here, we make them by roasting a marshmallow, melting chocolate on a graham cracker, then put the marshmallow on top of the chocolate and then a graham cracker on top of that... so graham cracker, melted chocolate, marshmallow, and graham cracker. You have chocolate cookies... that looks super yummy!!!

Jennifer Likes said...

Hey Jenn, Hope you get this reply. Well most normal folks do use the graham crackers, but the girls and I don't like them. So here at the house we normally just roast a marshmellow and then stick the chocolate inside so it will melt and get yummy gooey. This time we had some Thin Mint Girl Scout Cookies. They junked it out with Thin Mints, chocolate and marshmellow. Honestly I was afraid they would throw up from it!


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones