Tuesday, August 17, 2010

8 X 30 Project Day 33- YAY!

So today, as I made sure, started just like any other one, with us rushing around trying to make it to our morning appointment on time! I didn't dare mention to the girls what was in the plans for real later on in the day.

When we returned from our appointment our first delivery from Klesick Famliy Farm had arrived. I am excited to try this out. Fresh, local organic produce delivered right to my door...sounds like a great deal to me.


Then while waiting, actually me trying to waste time and make it go quicker! I decided to take Gracie outside and get a pic for the I Heart Faces photo challenge this week.

This is the one that I decided to use:

  But I like this one too! 


So after stalling for A WHILE, I finally got the call from Travis that he would be walking off the ship in about 15 minutes. The best part was yesterday while at the clinic on base, we lost a bow and had to pick it up. So what a perfect reason to head towards the base. My plan was to have him walk out of te the clinic as the girls walked up, but we beat him to the clinic. Funny thing though, when you drive to the base you can see the ship from the road, none of the bigger girls said a thing, but JuJu was like, "Dada's boat, Dada's boat, gonna get Daddy?". I am not sure if she knew what she saw or what but if she did then she is very very smart. I know, I know, shut up and move on to the pics!!!!

Okay so these are not stellar, but it is what happened. We were walking back out to the car when Molly spotted Travis and started running. The rest followed.

Rounding the corner to us. Girls still hadn't noticed him.

I think they saw him...what do you think?


I just love big ole Molly jumping on Travis in this pic. 

JuJu turned and ran the other way about at the point she is in the picture above. She was screaming like a monster was trying to get her. Took her a while to warm up to Travis.

JuJu was hanging on me like a monkey at this point. She was not willing to even look at him. Funny because she was so excited. But now she hasn't left his side and doesn't let anyone else close to him!


So a pretty great day in the Like's household. Travis will only be with us for a few weeks before having to leave for his 6-7 month deployment. There will be no returning from this deployment till it is over, but I am so glad we have these few weeks. We really missed him.

1 comments:

anon said...

Love the pics Jenny. They made me cry. Nothing better then seeing kids love their daddy!!


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones